Need to boost your bank balance without having to work for it? Sounds like you could do with reading this list of ways to make free money.
How to earn free money
Here are the best ways to make free money with little or no effort:
1. Signup offers
Before you create an account with a company that sells anything, you should always check to see if there are any signup offers for new customers.
Far from just offering an introductory discount, loads of companies will give you free money for signing up. And although you’ll sometimes have to make a qualifying purchase first, if it’s something you were going to buy anyway, it’s 100% free cash.
2. Free money for referring friends
We absolutely love referral codes. In terms of how little effort is needed and how much money you could make, it’s hard to think of a better way to earn free money than referring your friends and family to sign up with a few companies.
3. Use cashback sites for online shopping
We’ve mentioned it already a few times in this guide and, if you’re a fan of making and saving money, chances are you’re already pretty well versed on cashback. But, just in case you’re not, here’s a quick breakdown.
When you buy something online, you can either do it directly or go via a cashback site. Whenever possible, we’d always recommend using a cashback site.
If you shop with cashback sites, you’ll have the exact same shopping experience when you’re on the website of your chosen retailer, but with one crucial difference: the cashback site will track your activity and will refund you a percentage of the total purchase (or, in some cases, a set amount).
4. Get paid to use the internet with Swagbucks
- Get paid to use the internet with SwagbucksSpend your life online? Well, when you’re not re-reading all your favourite Save the Student guides (we understand, some of them are timeless classics), you could be earning free money just for using the internet. Among the many ways to make money from Swagbucks is to make it your default search engine. While that means saying goodbye to Google (or, god forbid, Bing), you’ll earn 10–20 SB points (the virtual currency used on Swagbucks) for every 10–20 searches.Using these figures, we’ve worked out that, if you search as normal for six months, you’ll earn around £300. But the free money doesn’t end there.
5. Earn money from walking
- Earn money from walkingWe all know about the three main benefits of walking: it’s free, it helps you stay fit and healthy, and it’s completely carbon neutral. But what if we told you that there was a fourth reason to walk everywhere you go? Thanks to apps like Sweatcoin, BetterPoints, and wine walk, walking is now even better than free – it’s a source of free money. These apps track your movement throughout the day and reward your steps with virtual currency. This ‘money’ can then be exchanged for gift cards at a number of popular shops and restaurants and, more importantly, for free money too. We won’t lie, you won’t become a millionaire by earning free money from paid walking apps – but keep your phone on you while you’re out and about and you’ll start to see the cash trickling.