Best Apps for Same-Day Grocery Delivery
Looking for (nearly) instant grocery deliveries? There are loads of great apps that offer same-day delivery, with some aiming to deliver your food in minutes.
If you need your groceries ASAP but you’re not able to head out to the shops, try same-day delivery services. They’re very convenient and have some surprising benefits.
Some of the apps we’ve listed below are great for eco-friendly products. For example, it’s pretty much impossible to find cow’s milk without plastic packaging in the supermarket. But, it’s possible to buy milk in glass bottles from same-day grocery apps.
Plus, the groceries are often delivered in electric vehicles. Of course, the best way to keep you down is to walk or cycle to a local food store, but this isn’t always possible. When this is the case, same-day food apps can be the next best thing.
7 best same-day food delivery services
These are the top grocery apps for same-day deliveries:
- Best for Eco-friendly brands and promo deals.
- Delivers to: London, Birmingham, Cardiff, Manchester, Brighton, Bristol, Southampton, Cambridge, Leicester, Liverpool, Sheffield, Portsmouth, Nottingham, Bradford, and Leeds.
- Delivery costs: Usually, £1.99 for orders under £20. In some parts of London, delivery costs £2.49 for orders under £25. All orders over £25 have free delivery. The first three orders typically have free delivery.
On Getir, there’s usually a handful of promo deals available at any one time. These can include offers to get money off or free items for orders over a certain amount.
- Best for Plastic-free grocery bags and a great sign-up offer.
- Delivers to: London, Manchester, Nottingham, Reading, and Southampton.
- Delivery costs: £1.80. Orders below £10 in Reading, Southampton, and some parts of London have a surcharge of £2.
Gorillas are another really speedy grocery delivery app. If you spend over £25, you can get £10 off your first Gorillas order (click the link for details).
They deliver groceries in recyclable brown paper bags and often have a great selection of choices.
- Best for: £5 off your order when you verify as a student.
- Delivers to: Most of the UK.
- Delivery costs: £3.50, and there’s a service fee of £0.99. Orders need to cost £12 or more. If your order costs £12 – £25, they’ll add a small order fee of £1. And for orders between 11 pm and 6 am, there’s a night-time fee of £3.
If you find that none of the above apps will deliver to your home, don’t worry. You might have more luck with Beelivery.
- Best for Ethical and eco-friendly efforts.
- Delivers to: London and Manchester.
- Delivery costs: £1.99, or free for orders over £30. All orders delivered between midnight and 6 am have a late-night fee of £1.99.
Similar to Getir, Zapp can be great for plastic-free products like milk. They make an effort to be ethical and eco-friendly.
5. Same-day groceries with Amazon Prime
- Best for Same-day delivery of groceries for Amazon Prime customers from Amazon Fresh, Morrisons, or Co-op.
- Delivers to: UK households. However, you might find you can only order from one or two of the three stores (Amazon Fresh, Co-op, and Morrisons) depending on your postcode.
- Delivery costs: £3.99 for orders under £40. Orders over £40 have free delivery. Orders need to cost £15 or more.
Looking for same-day grocery delivery from Amazon? This is possible for Prime members. And, luckily, students are able to get six months of Amazon Prime for free.
6. Whoosh by Tesco
- Best for: Tesco deliveries within an hour.
- Delivers to: Selected areas in London, the Midlands, Cardiff, Liverpool, Kent, Bristol, Nottingham, Manchester, and more. You can find the full list of participating stores here.
- Delivery costs: £5, with a £2 charge on top of that for orders under £15.
For same-day delivery from Tesco, try Whoosh. You can get your groceries delivered within an hour.
And a rather good perk is that you’ll be able to collect Clubcard points on your orders (easily one of the top loyalty cards).
7. Chop Chop by Sainsbury’s
- Best for Sainsbury’s deliveries within an hour.
- Delivers to: Selected areas of Birmingham, Cardiff, London, Bath, Edinburgh, Manchester, Bournemouth, Cambridge, Liverpool, Nottingham, Oxford, Reading and more. You can see more areas here.
- Delivery costs: £4.99. Orders need to cost £15 or more.
Similar to Whoosh by Tesco, Sainsbury’s has a quick grocery delivery service called Chop Chop.
And in the same way that you can collect Clubcard points with Whoosh, Chop Chop orders can earn you Nectar points – another loyalty card.