Emma attended Brown University in 2009. She chose an American university over an English one because she says American universities allow more freedom for students to study whatever they want.
1. While going to this Ivy League university, she graduated with a Bachelor’s degree in English literature in 2014. Aside from having a college degree, Emma is also a certified yoga and meditation instructor. Emma has even gone off to the Canadian Rockies to attend a silent meditation retreat.
2. On a regular basis, Emma keeps up with her journaling which is one of her favorite things. She has over 30 journals on everything from yoga, dreams, acting, people she’s met, and advice she’s received. Emma’s favorite book from the Harry Potter series is Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban.
3. Even though she’s famous for playing the brown-haired Hermione Granger, her natural hair color is blonde. Emma’s favorite movie is Notting Hill, while her favorite television show is Friends. If you find Emma at a bar, you may see her enjoying her favorite drink – a gin and tonic!
4. During the 2014 Vanity Fair Oscars party, Emma accidentally fell asleep in her hotel room and missed the after-show party. Instead, she just ate pizza! Emma has made it into the Guinness Book of World Records as the Highest-Grossing Actress of the Decade. Her films have grossed over 5.4 billion dollars worldwide!
5. Her work in the Harry Potter series has earned her enough money – over $12 million – that she admits that she never has to work for money again. When Emma was awarded a 2014 Britannia Award for British Artist of the Year, she dedicated the award to her pet hamster, Millie, who died while Emma was filming Philosopher’s Stone.
6. In 2016, Emma Instagrammed herself planting several copies of Maya Angelou’s Mom & Me & Mom around the London Underground. If Emma could have the day off from being a celebrity, she says she would go into a mosh pit at a rock concert.
7. Emma Watson’s net world is $70 million – to put that into perspective, Kylie Jenner’s net worth is significantly less at $20 million. One of Emma’s good friends is Sophie Sumner, who was a winner of America’s Next Top Model. They even used to be roommates!
8. One filming was done for Order of the Phoenix, Emma considered quitting her role because life on set was so challenging. Emma Watson admits to having a huge crush on Tom Felton during the filming of Harry Potter because he was a little older and she saw him as a bad boy.
9. Harry Potter wasn’t the only challenge of Emma’s filming career – while on the set filming Noah, Emma ended up sick and dehydrated because the director banned plastic water bottles on set. Instead of sympathy, the director asked her to use her sickness for dramatic effect.
10. Because of this, Emma has three step-brothers and two step-sisters. Growing up, she wanted to be an actress from the age of only 6! Luckily, she was able to train at the Oxford branch of Stagecoach Theater Arts part-time as a kid. At her regular school, she was on the dance team as well as the field hockey team.